Business Tax Express FAQs
Q. What is Business Tax Express?
A. Business Tax Express, or BTE, allows you to pay Montana state taxes for some businesses online.
Q. What are the advantages of Business Tax Express?
A. The advantages of Business Tax Express are:
- You can schedule payments to come out at a future date.
- View your payments.
- Delete a payment before it pays.
- You can change your banking account information.
- Tax professionals can use their Business Tax Express account to pay the taxes for all of their clients.
Q. How do I register for Business Tax Express?
A. To register for Business Tax Express you:
- Log into ePass using the ‘Login to this service using ePass’ link.
- Add Business Tax Express to your ePass account by clicking on the 'BTE – Business Tax Express (Bustax)' link
- Click on the ‘New to Business Tax Express? Sign Up Now’ button.
- Complete the registration form by entering the necessary information and submit for approval to the Department of Revenue using the ‘Submit Request for Account’ button.
IMPORTANT NOTE – the ‘Authorization Code’ established in the bottom section of this form is required (in addition to your ePass username and password) during your initial login into the Business Tax Express service after approval.
- After receiving the approval email from the Department of Revenue, return to the Business Tax Express service and log into ePass using the ‘Login to this service using ePass’ link.
- Enter your Business Tax Express login information – FEIN and Authorization Code and click the ‘Login’ button to proceed to the Business Tax Express service
IMPORTANT NOTE – Keep your Authorization Code. Your Authorization Code is the password you created when establishing your BTE account. You will only need to enter this information after your initial ePass login and if necessary, when establishing a new ePass account.
- To access the Business Tax Express service in the future, simply click on the ‘Login to this service using ePass’ link located on the home page and enter your ePass username and password.
Q. How long does the payment transaction take? Will I see it come out of my bank account the same day?
A. It could take three days for the transaction to complete, before you see the payment deducted from your bank account.
Last updated 5/20/2011 11:38:27 AM