Large Case Delinquent Taxpayer List
This is a list of 346 individuals and businesses owing tax debts of $10,000 and higher to the State of Montana.
- Does not include any unpaid taxes owed to local governments.
- Is current as of May 25, 2012. The amounts change daily thereafter, based on additional interest and penalty.
- Reports delinquent taxpayers who owe a total tax debt of over $11 million.
- Contains no taxpayer accounts that are participating in a department-approved payment plan. Also removed from the list were any taxpayer accounts in appeal, litigation or bankruptcy.
Reader Tip: To enhance readability, you may want to use the zoom tool in your browser or PDF reader to enlarge the documents' text size.
The Department of Revenue is taking actions to resolve large case taxpayer delinquencies including:
- Shifting the department's priorities to focus more on high value debts.
- Filing court actions, which may include requiring the taxpayer to appear in court to explain the nature of the delinquency and to disclose personal and/or business financial information.
- Hiring outside counsel as needed to pursue legal action.
- Utilizing the capabilities of the department's new Integrated Revenue Information System (IRIS) to improve collection efficiency.
- Analyzing special problem areas and developing action plans.
- Increasing public awareness of large case taxpayer delinquencies, by providing information to the media and posting information on this website.
Last updated 5/25/2012 1:40:07 PM