2012 Wildfire Season Disasters
If you have experienced property loss or damage because of this current wildfire season, you may be eligible for property tax relief. The Montana Department of Revenue is here to assist you.
Property Tax Relief Information
- Real property dwellings
- Real property improvements (such as garages, sheds, barns, and grain bins)
- Manufactured housing / mobile homes
- Business equipment
- Commercial timber abatement for forestland property
Obtain a Natural Disaster Application (Form AB-25). This application is also available in all Department of Revenue local offices, and you may call your local office to have a form mailed to you.
Complete the application. If needed, your local Department of Revenue office can provide you with necessary property information to complete the form.
- You can work with your local Department of Revenue office when the appraiser contacts you to review your property’s damage.
The department can also assist you by issuing replacement copies of your property record, past-year tax returns or other revenue-related information that may have been lost or damaged.
- Visit the department’s website at revenue.mt.gov
- Contact your local Department of Revenue office.
- Call the department’s call center toll free at (866) 859-2254 (in Helena, 444-6900).
Last updated 7/17/2012 11:17:22 AM